I’ll trade mine for yours. I’m speaking of blog buttons, of course. There are many reasons I like blog buttons. One reason is they help make our blog pretty. Another is the act of helping each other; it just feels good. When we trade buttons, we are helping to promote one another. So if you don’t already have one of our blog buttons, scroll down the page a bit. They’re on the right side. Choose an image and copy the code beneath it and add it to a place on your blog where you would like your button collection to be. Let me know about it, so I can add one of your buttons to our blog.
If you don’t have any buttons to offer and would like to, below is a brief tutorial. I would like to thank lightkeeping for posting about this on the Etsy forums and enlightening me about the great hobby of blog button trading. :)
- First, make your blog button image in JPEG or GIF –in sizes 125x125 or 150x150.
- Upload it to the web, wherever you have images stored online – such as: flickr, photobucket, or your own website.
- Copy the web url address where the image is hosted at. This should start with ‘http:’ and end with ‘.jpg’ or ‘.gif’.
- Paste the url in the following code, in place of where it says YOUR IMAGE URL. (two different places in the code)
- Then type your blog website address in place of where it says YOUR BLOG URL.
I used three different button images, and just copied the correct code for each image into the gadget three times---one right after the other.
Here’s the code:
<table border="0" width="100%"><tr>
<td align="center"><img src="YOUR BUTTON IMAGE" alt="" /><br/>
Copy and Paste Code</td>
<td align="center"><textarea cols="13" rows="4"><a href="YOUR BLOG ADDRESS" target="_blank"><img src="YOUR BUTTON IMAGE" border="0"></a></textarea></td>
And that should do it! Leave a comment if you would like for us to add a blog button of yours to our collection.