Greetings…from our hometown to yours


One afternoon, Jeff and I invited my mom on a trip downtown. We had one of our art bottles in a shop window display that we wanted to see and knew that she would enjoy seeing the recently renovated buildings and beautiful brick paved streets. While there we went to the top of the Indigo Hotel to get more of a bird’s eye view of the area and soak in the glorious, sun shiny day. Jeff snapped this photo on his iphone and I knew it would be postcard material.

The river is Florida’s Caloosahatchee that flows from Lake Okeechobee, west, to the Gulf of Mexico. It’s named after the Calusa---a Native American people that inhabited the coast and waterways of southwest Florida many centuries ago. We are fortunate enough to be able to cross over these bridges just about everyday and witness the light reflecting off of the water’s surface and the unobstructed view of the ever changing colors of the sky.




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shot! I had no idea that any part of Florida looks like this. I've never been there, so I tend to rely on stereotypical images of Florida in my mind: palm trees, gators, white sands, miami vice. Oh, forgive my ignorance lol!

    Congrats on having your bottle displayed! That's great news :)

    ReplyDelete