turkey dressing…the ruffled skirt


MADE---a beautiful blog filled with wonderful projects, recently caught my eye with this stunning photo. The creator is an extremely talented crafter who likes to sew. Dana has two simple goals for her blog: to share ideas and to help the sewer of any skill-level realize that they can sew without a store-bought pattern. I love that!
This particular project has won a tutorial challenge on the excellent blog – So You Think You’re Crafty.
If you sew, and would like to see how to make this gorgeous ruffled skirt, or just want to gawk at more beautiful photos of it, click on the link below to go to Dana’s blog post where she directs you to the tutorial.
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2009/11/being-turkey-isnt-always-easy.html
(The link to the tutorial will only be active till Sunday night, Dec. 6th. After that, the pattern will be for sale in Dana’s Etsy shop.)
As for myself---I’m thinking seriously about enlarging the dimensions and making one in my size. I love skirts!



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the great post!!
    And yes, I need to make some pattern dimensions for adults! Maybe I'll include that in the pattern.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ocasiocasa!

    I'm coming over here from Etsy - I wanted to check out your blog...I love your recycled "goods" - so unique and completely awesome. I'm not very crafty, so when I see people who have *it* I'm always impressed!

    If you still want to offer something up as a giveaway item on booshy.com, let me know. :)

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I'm just learning to sew, so I'm off to gawk and maybe learn :)

    ReplyDelete