using video to show how it’s done…

We were asked how, so we thought we would show you.

jeff makes a tape art bottle... from dale ocasio on Vimeo.

This is a peek into jeff’s taping process. I recorded it, one morning, out on our deck, a few months ago, actually. I had imagined that we would narrate an audio track for it, and…since that wasn’t happening all on it’s own, I came up with another way to finish the video.

I found some nice music at kevin macleod’s. He offers royalty-free music tracks of his own compositions and has an amazing array of genres.

For the video, I simply recorded it on jeff’s iphone 3g using the qik video app, which is pretty remarkable since his iphone didn’t even come equipped with video capabilities.

I put this all together, along with a few title frames to fill in some details, with microsoft’s movie maker (it came for free, with windows xp), and uploaded it to vimeo. Making this was pretty enjoyable and I liked to make more.

Thank you, so much, for stopping by. I’d love to hear what you think. Does it still leave you wondering how jeff makes his art bottles?

…just wondering,
~dale

8 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay! I love getting a glimpse into Jeff's process, and now I appreciate the finished work even more.

    You did a beautiful job with this video, too. The music choice is perfect, and I'm super impressed with the quality of that iPhone camera. The whole thing is well-paced and interesting. I for one would LOVE to see more of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful...thank you ever so much for showing the world how you make these.

    The video is great and I agree with SisterDG...the music was perfect for it and the quality is terrific. It was a perfect amount of time to let the world in on your little secret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, so much, to both of you. There’s quite a bit more that goes into this. I kind of glossed over the second half of making these; it’s a much longer process. I’ve been thinking of ways to present it, while keeping the video short and interesting. So, more will come…as soon as I’m done thinking on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dale, this is remarkable! Absolutely impressive and beautiful! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, it's so nice to see you. Thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!!Great blog!You have original proposals!I am allways looking around because I like crafts very much.Most of the times I see lots and lots of things that look more or less the same.I like to watch how-to's and tutorials. I keep thinking that I must try this and that...but I never do!Last week I kept two bottles of wine because they have a funny shape like a teardrop. I thought of paiting it.They are too nice to go to recycle bin.From you I learned a way to do something with it.Now I am going to the south of Portugal for a week but when I get back I will try it.If I do fine I will post a link here for you to see!Loved to discover this blog.Very nice music on the video too!Thank you for sharing your knowledge!Belinha

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) I forgot to say that I love the animals photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for stopping by, Belinha! I hope you do try this out on your bottles. We would love to see them, so drop us a link when you finish.
    btw---I love your designs and illustrations, and your artsnack blog is quite a treat to browse. I'm so glad we met. :-)
    ~dale

    ReplyDelete